Wednesday, 31 December 2008

KIA HARI TE TAU HOU!

...which is Maori for Blwyddyn Newydd Dda.




Though it has been Newydd Dda for a few hours longer here. Not that I did anything about it! Tis inconceivable (that word does mean what I think it means)! I have a cold at New Year's. Again. Millionth year in a row. Twas pissing it down harder than I've ever seen it in Franz last night so I probably wouldn't have gone out if I didn't have a cold! Watched Runaway Bride and went to Bedfordshire. Hard core!


Today was much shinier though. No rain, so far. Went walkabouts up Canavan's knob (don't laugh) again but took the camera this time. Cue the obligatry show-off pictures of the very warm and shiny new year's day:





I think this is a New Zealand Robin. Took lots of pictures of this dude. Maybe he thought I was a papparazzo. Work it.


The shiny, shiny Tasman sea. Source of the excessive amount of rain.


Bridge Over the River Waiho.




The source of everyone's dosh.

I still feel really manky so I'll bugger off and watch Pretty Woman and have awesome ice cream. It's not Ben and Jerry's but it'll do.
E noho ra chuck (toodle oo).

1 comment:

Carol said...

Belated Happy New Year to you too Liz. *hugs etc* Not exactly in best of health eself, lovely start to the year. Anyway, great photos. I still haven't worked out a way to sent you your Christmas prezzie - namely, some dosh. Belated Christmas prezzie now, you'll be thinking I've forgotten all about you. Anyway, if you can tell your Parentals how I could transfer some money to your NZ account I'd love to send you some. I'm sure you'd be happy to have some too! :) love, the Duck