I'm in actual Auckland! How the hell did that happen?
In bullet points because I don't know how much time I have left on this computer:
*Nearly didn't get here because of the first October snow in London for 70 years!
*Flights were OK. Saw Get Smart, Son of Rambow and got very stiff and solid legs. Freaked my out a bit, like tree trunks they were! Going down now though.
*Saw the sunrise over the sticky out bit of Australia!
*Flew over the Himalayas!
*Didn't pay airport tax!
*Hostel's nice and has a cat! And there's weird birds which make awesome noises. In dire need of a bird book. There's birds and I don't know what they are!~ Can't be doing with that. Bell birds probably. But also chaffinches, sparrows, starlings and blackbirds. They flew a long way!
*Got hungry so got on a bus to Sky City only I went the wrong way. Had a Burger King which was OK but weird and tasted a lot different to UK ones. Don't like foreign food!
*Ended up taking a tour of the city on a bus going the wrong way to what I thought it was. Only wanted to go down the road!
*Off to wander around the city now. See the sky tower, museum, harbour and whatnot. Going to the zoo tomorrow. Probably the only way I'll see a kiwi.
Toodle oo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hiya Kidda! Those are bell birds from what your olde aunty told me. Foreign food indeed! Jack is sitting on the printer and he says to say meow, ffft and purrrr.
Hi Liz, hard to imagine that you're really there and that the adventure has begun! Looks like you've made a great start. Trust to you spot a cat rightaway, lol!
Sorry, my mistake about the birds you saw. I think they're Tui. Singlur tui, plural tui. Apparently they make a similar bell-like sound. Your ma and I must have seen some when we were there years ago, how could I have forgotten?
Post a Comment